In the expansive world of health and beauty, Hyaluronic Acid is not a word which is unheard of. The reason you see this ingredient everywhere is because of its miraculous ability to retain moisture, therefore creating a supple, smooth and more youthful look instantly. Even though the word “acid” might sound totally contradictory to an ingredient which is known to be a soothing agent, this powerful ingredient is neither toxic nor irritating when applied to the skin. In fact, it is considered to be a holy grail ingredient with amazing results on all types skin, be it oily, dry, combination or acne-prone.
Even though Hyaluronic acid has been known to erase wrinkles, fine lines, strengthen delicate skin and soften dry problem areas such as knees, elbows, and cuticles, HA could also help you with your lipstick or lip gloss!
Chances are that you've most probably never heard of Hyaluronic acid lip balm, but after reading this, you're definitely going to want to give it a try.
As we age, our lips also begin to show the signs of aging, but a Hyaluronic Acid Lip Balm can help turn back the age clock! HA Lip Balm is essentially a simple lip Balm which contains Hyaluronic Acid, which not only helps to moisturize your lips but also makes them plumper, thus giving a healthier appearance. This lip plumper and hydrator actually contains a peptide that is responsible for stimulating collagen production and hyaluronic acid synthesis in the lip tissue. In simple words, Hyaluronic Acid Lip Balm makes your skin cells bind together and absorb water, which in turn adds volume to the target area.
This process is quite similar to the way injectable lip plumpers work, but since HA lip balm is applied topically, the effect is much more subtle. If you have dry lips, they would most probably have a raisin-like wrinkly appearance, but on the application of HA lip balm, you will notice that your lips look a lot smoother and taut, like a grape! Even if you are not very keen on the lip plumping part, the moisturizing effects of HA lip balm alone are more than worth it.
There are numerous cinnamon based lip plumpers in the market today, which would have certainly caught your attention at some point. So why use Hyaluronic acid Lip Balm when other lip products can do the job just as well? It is because most cinnamon based lip balms sting and irritate your lips, subsequently causing them to swell. Therefore, for people with sensitive skin, Hyaluronic acid lip balms prove to be most effective, as they simply add the necessary volume and firmness to the lips without making them sting.
Some of the additional ingredients which are commonly found in most Hyaluronic acid lip balms are:
• Olive oil
• Aloe vera
• Isopropyl myristate
• Cocoa butter and/or shea butter • Glucose, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase.
Still not entirely convinced about this amazing ingredient? Read on to find out more about the numerous benefits of Hyaluronic Acid Lip Balm.
• It deeply moisturizes and nourishes the lips, therefore giving them a naturally full and beautiful appearance.
• The product is sans harmful preservatives, which is why it contains no harsh fragrance either.
• Hyaluronic acid Lip Balm is all natural, as it is free from Dye, Gluten, and harmful Paraben, thus making it safe to use in the long run.
• Application of this product is fairly simple, all you need to do is gently massage a small amount of HA lip balm onto lips as needed.
• Hyaluronic acid Lip Balm is often infused with high molecular weight Hyaluronic Acid, which in turn helps seal in the moisture in case of extremely dry and chapped lips.