Hyaluronic Acid or Sodium Hyaluronate is a popular ingredient in various high-end skin care products, which has gained a reputation for being ‘The Fountain of Youth’, for its amazing skin rejuvenation properties.
Hyaluronic Acid is also effective for wrinkle reduction and anti-aging formulas because of its ability to stimulate the regeneration of skin cells.
HA can be purchased at various molecular weights with each one eliciting a different effect on the skin. For example, in rapid wound healing support or for restoring barrier function, the high molecular weight of Hyaluronic acid is preferred. Whereas, for countering the effects of skin- aging and acute dryness, low molecular weight HA would be the ideal choice due to its ability to penetrate deeper into the skin. This necessary variation in molecular weight of Hyaluronic acid can be achieved by altering the quantity of Hyaluronic acid powder in the product, to effectively suit the purpose for which it is being used.
Hyaluronic Acid Powder is a fine granulated powder which is white to off-white in color. It can be manufactured either by producing enzymes from a bacteria-based process involving biofermentation or can be sourced from poultry i.e. through roosters' combs. Hyaluronic Acid Powder is often used as an essential ingredient in several natural and organic products. The widely used Hyaluronic Acid Gel is also made by using Hyaluronic Acid Powder in addition to water and preservative (1% Preservative; 1% Hyaluronic Acid Powder; 98% Water). This powder is highly absorptive in nature with the ability to absorb up to 1,000 times its own weight of water, thus making it one of the most efficient moisturizer known to professionals so far.
Hyaluronic Acid Powder is a compound intended for high-end cosmetic use. It is known to heal effectively the signs of aging such as wrinkles, fine lines, sun spots, in addition to improving the skin’s texture like never before.
Now, the question that arises is: Why use Hyaluronic Acid Powder and not a pre-made bottle of serum? The reason is that freshly made serum using Hyaluronic Acid Powder is up to three times more effective than pre-made Hyaluronic Acid serums. Once water is added to any form of Hyaluronic acid, it is most effective within the first 30-45 days. Therefore, in order to truly assess how effective your serum is, it is best that you make it yourself!
Usually, HA serums are mostly water with only about 1% concentration of Hyaluronic Acid, but with the help of Hyaluronic Acid Powder, you can make your serum as powerful as you like.
This method would not only prove to be much cheaper but also a lot more effective than similar ready-made serums or creams because the quantity required to develop Hyaluronic acid at home is very little, which makes it a huge money saver. All you need to do is make your own HA acid by just adding a bit of water.
This product also works very well if just sprinkled on food! It does have a bitter taste, but sprinkled on food is the easiest way down without requiring a large quantity of it.
The oral intake of Hyaluronic Acid powder is intended to ease the stiffness in the knees with continued consumption. However, it should not be mixed with a beverage, as it does not dissolve well and clumps up.
• Here is a recipe you can use to prepare Hyaluronic acid serum at home:
• In a small glass container, preferably the one you’ll use to dispense your serum (glass pump bottle is ideal), pour 100mL of distilled water.
• Next, sprinkle 1 gram of hyaluronic acid powder into the water. The trick here is to use cold distilled water.
• You will notice that the powder and water do not mix right away. Do not stir violently to dissolve the HA powder because it will begin to clump and break up if blended aggressively.
• Cover the mixture and leave it to set for 4-8 hours, overnight if possible, in a cool and dry place. The solution can then be stirred in the morning for full dissolution.
• After setting up, the mixture should have become a gel. Now, add a preservative of your choice (preferably Germaben) which is safe for water-based cosmetic mixtures.
As mentioned earlier, the consumption of HA powder, be it external or internal has numerous benefits, of which the two primary ones are as follows:
1. Skin: Hyaluronic acid is one of the chief components of the skin extracellular matrix which is responsible for giving the skin its volume and fullness. It also contributes significantly to cell proliferation, resulting in increased skin smoothness and softness along with a significant decrease in wrinkles. The acid also protects the cell structure and defends against bacterial infections and other external threats in addition to exhibiting viscous flow, elastic and pseudoplastic properties. It deeply moisturizes the skin and also maximizes the collagen production. For best results, Hyaluronic acid powder should be used in conjunction with ascorbic acid or Vitamin C for a flawless complexion.
2. Joints: HA acid powder has also been known to keep the joints of the human body well lubricated to prevent harmful bone friction and ease joint pain for patients suffering from arthritis. Not just that, but Hyaluronic Acid also has a positive effect on the way injury is handled by the body, enabling it to recover at a relatively faster rate.