Hyaluronic Acid is a very useful cosmetic ingredient. Chemically Hyaluronic acid is a polysaccharide chain. It occurs naturally in the body as a skin replenishing chemical. It acts as a lubricator for joints and ensures their smooth functioning and movement. It is found in between joints, in eyelids and the tissues of the skin.
Due to its numerous benefits, hyaluronic acid is used intravenously and otherwise. Hyaluronic acid is used as a serum, pills, and cream. The hyaluronic acid serum is used as an anti-aging product. Hyaluronic acid serum provides hydration and as a result, it reduces wrinkles. The best part is that the serum can be easily prepared at home too. The process is simple. The ingredients required to make the serum are: 1 gram of hyaluronic acid powder, you can easily buy it from your nearest chemist or drugstore, cold water, it should be distilled and cold, about a half tablespoon of glycerin, a bag of green tea, a container to mix the material and lavender oil.
Steep the bag of green tea in 0.5 oz of hot distilled water. Let it cool down; it can be kept in the freezer for quick results. Remove the tea bag from the solution and add the hyaluronic acid powder to it (1 gram). Initially, chunks may appear, mix it well and stir continuously. After this add glycerin (half tablespoon) and three drops of lavender oil to it. Pour the solution in a bottle, cap it and then shake it thoroughly. Place it in the refrigerator so that the solution gels. The gel will almost last a month, and it has to be stored in a refrigerator. You can always buy a bottle from the market if the process is too cumbersome for you.
• The product is a great fighter against wrinkles. After a few uses, you will be able to see the outcome of the product.
• It is also known for providing a brighter and fairer complexion.
• Some serums available in the market give relief to puffiness under eyes.
• It is efficient in removing dark circles. Also useful for people who have pores that are relatively bigger.
• The hyaluronic acid serums available in the market are suitable for all skin types and produced commercially keeping in mind the array of customers served.
• The hyaluronic acid serum is also well- known for increasing the resiliency and elasticity of the cells. It helps binding water with the cells.
• It compensates for the deficiency of collagen.
There are two methods of application:
• Wash your face with lukewarm water. Take the required amount of serum on your fingertips and rub it in circulation motion in an upward direction.
• You can even mix the desired amount of hyaluronic acid serum with moisturizer or cream that you use daily.
• It is advised to use a hyaluronic acid serum which has been derived from a natural source.
• Some serums in the market use ingredients like paraffin, alcohol, sulfates, etc. Such serums should be avoided. If you are mixing the serum with a moisturizer or cream, make sure that even they do not contain these chemicals.
• In case any rash, itching or burning sensation is felt, then the usage of the serum should be discontinued immediately, and medical consultation is advisable.
• The serum should be applied on the skin only, and contact with hair and eyes should be avoided.
In some cases, customers have complained about drying of skin after the application of hyaluronic acid serum. If you notice any such thing, then reduce the application of the serum. It can be used twice a week. A thick layer of moisturizer can be applied after the application of serum.
Sodium Hyaluronate is derived from hyaluronic acid. Some cosmetic products use sodium hyaluronate instead of hyaluronic acid. Researchers have found that the size of sodium hyaluronate is smaller than hyaluronic acid. The reduction in size ensures deeper penetration of the molecule and hence more visible effect due to skin deep action.
Often people use vitamin C serums along with hyaluronic acid serum, the order of applying any cosmetic product is simple. Follow the rule of thinnest to thickest, i.e., apply a less viscous product before and more viscous product later. So, first, you have to apply a layer of your vitamin C serum which is thinner and then the hyaluronic acid serum. A thing to be kept in mind while using the two together is the stability of both the products. The vitamin C serum that is used should be stable enough to resist air and destability. After application of both the serums, you can apply moisturizer if you feel the need. It is preferred to apply the vitamin C serum when your face is a little damp.